Mobile Puncture Repair Service
All Hometyre mobile tyre service vehicles are equipped to carry out safe puncture repairs to BSAU159 standards.
To book a service technician to repair your tyre, please firstly identify the tyre size specification directly off your vehicle (make sure you haven't got a different size front and rear though!) and call our support team on 0333 444 5454 or 0800 783 9310.
For out of hours enquiries, please complete the quick enquiry form below and we'll get straight back to you when we're open!
We use a plug patch system which provides a permanent repair sealing both the route of the puncture through the tyre and the inner liner.
A puncture can only be repaired where the following criteria is met:
- The puncture has occurred within the repairable zone as shown and described above
- The puncture has a diameter or length of no more than 6mm
- There is no secondary damage including (but not exclusive to): sidewall deterioration caused during under-inflated use, any splits or cuts to the inner liner caused by the puncturing object or bulging to either of the sidewalls.
- There is not more than one puncture within each quadrant of the tyre. (W, Z and Y speed rated tyres can be repaired to a maximum of three times)
- The entry angle of the puncturing object does not allow for safe and proper seating of the stem and patch
- The tyre is of a suitable condition and age with appropriate tread depth.
Run Flat Tyre Repairs
While there is no consistent guidance from manufacturers regarding safe repairs to Run Flat tyres (tyres denoted RFT, RSC, ROF, SSR etc), Hometyre will not carry out repairs to these products.
Conti-SEAL Tyre Puncture Repairs
Continental Conti-Seal tyres, provided the above criteria is met, can be repaired on site by Hometyre technicians.
Inner Tube Repairs
Hometyre do not have the facilities to repair inner tubes. In the event that a tube-type tyre is punctured, the tyre would need to be repaired under the above criteria and a new tube would be supplied and fitted.
These products are not listed on the website. Please contact our support team directly on 0333 444 5454 or 0800 783 9310 to discuss and arrange an appointment.
NOTE: Inner tubes should not be used in TUBELESS tyres under any circumstance.
Tyre Sealants and Temporary Repair Fluids
Where an emergency repair sealant has been used as a temporary 'get home' option, our ability to repair the tyre can be compromised. Certain products can prevent a proper vulcanised seal from forming during our repair processes. It will always be our intention repair any tyre wherever possible however.
- Tyre Info
- How to Check Your Tyres
- UK Tyre Laws
- Tyre Data and Symbol Guide
- Caravan Tyres / Motorhome tyres
- Van Tyres
- 4x4 tyres
- Winter tyres & Seasonal Tyre Swapping
- European Winter Tyre Regulations
- Vehicle Manufacturers Tyre info
We've found your vehicle!
If these details don't match your vehicle, check your registration and try again.